In this section
In this section
Beyond the visual arts curriculum itself we have co-curricular activities, such as painting, textiles, printing and photography. We also have clubs for different year groups, which are themed, such as the Christmas Decorations made by Year 7 or the Year 9 Photo Booth for the PA Christmas Fayre.
The art department runs a busy after school programme to support all GCSE students with their work. Attending Art Clinic is a great way to gain extra guidance and access to resources. For our Art Scholars it is an opportunity to learn more advanced post 16 techniques.
These sessions take place in the Art Department several days a week. Sessions are flexible and can be arranged with the staff to work around student’s other commitments. Students opting into art and design at GCSE level attend workshops with local artists and visit galleries and exhibitions. This gives students the opportunity to work with other art practitioners to further develop their skills and have a taster of Post 16 Art study
We display student’s artwork around school highly professionally, with a permanent art display through the main corridor on the ground floor. We also have our summer exhibition together with the Design Technology department that celebrates the work of our fabulous students.
Recent Projects, Trips and Events
- Two students were awarded Highly Commended Awards in the Rotary Young Photographers Exhibition 2019.
- Former students Masterclass for GCSE and A-Level students
- A-Level Trip to Loughborough University Degree Show
- Photography trip to the Herbert Gallery to see the Wildlife Photographer of the Year competition.
- Year 8 Studio Photography Day
- A-Level students visit to the Herbert Gallery to the see the Coventry Open
- Year 9 Abstract Images Photography
- Year 7 Printing Project, inspired by William Morris
For more information about Art you can also contact Miss Mould on SCM@bkhs.org.uk