In this section
In this section
Your spiritual and religious care at Bablake and King Henry VIII School
The Chaplain at BKHS is responsible for:
- The provision and/or coordination of spiritual care to all pupils, parents and staff.
- The provision and/or coordination of spiritual, religious and cultural care to people of all faith and none.
- The provision of an effective pastoral care for all who seek it throughout the academic year.
- The provision of support to pupils, parents, and staff in situations where “bad news” is being given or received, on request.
We understand that in our work, we depend on the consent of all to be involved in their pastoral care and undertake to ensure that each person’s privacy and confidentiality is respected at all times.
In addition, the Chaplain offers:
- Education and training courses for pupils, parents, staff and wider community in a range of areas related to support, spirituality and leadership skills.
- Lent and Advent courses.
- Prayers on pupils, parents, staff behalf.
- A daily act of worship.
- Resources to prepare for pastoral events (funerals, baptism…)
- Quiet Days at the monastery (Turvey Abbey).
Worship at BKHS:
8:15am Terce (morning prayer) in the Oratory at Bablake and in The Philip Larkin Room at King Henry’s on Tuesday.
Holy Communion once a month (see Bulletin).
Memorial Service for the commemoration of our dear Departed (1st week of November).
Christmas Service at Coventry Cathedral.
Remembrance Service in the main hall for pupils, staff and veterans 11/11 at 11am (if on a school day).
In main school assemblies.
Our Chaplain is Revd. Sacha Slavic, a Minister in Secular Employment at Bablake and King Henry VIII School in Coventry, Fr. Sacha teaches Religious Education. Ordained in 2012, he trained at The Queen’s Foundation in Birmingham. He is also an Associate Minister at Coventry Cathedral and a Benedictine Novice Oblate at Mucknell Abbey.
Our chaplain is here to be a resource for all members of the school community, to offer a listening ear and to provide a presence which reminds all of the spiritual side of life. He coordinates whole school assemblies, and presides at the festivals which help to make the rhythm of the school year, including Remembrance, Christmas and Easter.
The school welcomes pupils of all faiths and of none. Our diverse community is a reflection of the world outside the school gates. We are proud of our school’s diversity and we believe it encourages pupils to grow in an environment of mutual respect, understanding and tolerance.
We have close links with Coventry Cathedral and the Parish of St John The Baptist in Coventry. Several of our pupils are choristers at the cathedral, whilst music groups, readings and other performances by pupils have all been enjoyed there and at St John’s in recent years. Our school is also a lead International Cross of Nails School (ICONS).
On Twitter: Fr Sacha Slavic @BKHSChaplain
On Instagram: bablake_rev / khviii_chaplain /BKHSChaplain
On Linkedin: Sacha Slavic
By Telephone : 02476 271200